First Time Exhibitors
Are you ready for the 2018 Club Industry Show? As a First-Time exhibitor to our show, we would like to take this opportunity to provide some helpful tips and suggestions for you. Make sure that you are ready for your staff and your booth to stand out amongst the crowd.
Show Floor Dates and Hours
The show days for the exhibit hall are:
- Thursday, October 25 10:30 AM – 5:00PM
- Friday, October 26 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
The conference dates are Wednesday, October 24 - Friday, October 26.
Important First Steps (Deadlines, Hotel Info, Badges, etc.)
- Reserve Housing – Book early to help guarantee rooms and rates
- Login to the Exhibitor Console to access:
- Edit Booth Info – Update your online Show Directory Listing
- Get Badges! – Register for your Exhibitor Badges
- Custom Forms – Online Booth Move and Approval Request Forms
- My Account – Print Your Statement or Make a Payment
Hotel and Travel Options
Please note: onPeak is the only official housing provider associated with the Club Industry Show. While other hotel resellers may contact you offering housing for your trip, they are not endorsed by or affiliated with the show. Entering into financial agreements with such companies may have costly consequences.
To contact onPeak:
Online booking: Travel Page
Phone: (800) 631-5294
Online Show Directory
This is a valuable tool that fosters communication between exhibitors and attendees. There are many functions within the online show directory, such as your online directory listing, and show specials. For more information on these features, contact your Client Services Specialist.
You will want to update your online listing as soon as it becomes available. Your online Show Directory Listing Features include:
- A company description of up to 500 characters long.
- Up to ten Product Category boxes to assist in attendee searches.
- Two Show Specials to help drive traffic to your booth.
- A brands section to highlight your different products.
- Company URL.
Please ask your Account Manager about upgrade opportunities. Login to your Exhibitor Console and click on Edit Booth Info to begin.
Note: The Print Deadline for the Show Directory Map (company name and booth number) is Friday, September 22, 2018. All booths must be confirmed by this time to appear on the map.
Exhibitor Service Kit
The Exhibitor Service Kit is your one stop guide to show and rules and regulations, shipping and move in information, and ordering carpet, furniture, etc. for your booth. The Kit will be live on the website approximately five months before the show and accessible by logging in here to begin.
Success: Tips for Pre-show Preparation and Onsite Action Items
Have you decided your goal for the show? Is it to write orders, get brand awareness, and make connections? It sounds simple, but having this answer can make your show even more successful.
Contact your customer base telling them you will be at the show and what booth your booth number is.
Marketing and Sponsorships can add that little something extra to help you stand out from the crowd.
Onsite deals – offering a deal or Show Special for any order placed onsite is a great way to have more orders placed onsite in your booth.
Lead Retrieval – investing in a badge scanner will help to keep track of sales leads and their contact info that will also save time and effort in the long run.
Badge/ID – Make sure that you have your badge and ID on you at all times.
Meals – Make sure you have water and snacks.
Need help onsite? – Know your Floor Manager and GES service Executive.
Education and Events –Take advantage of educational seminars as well as events that offer onsite networking opportunities.
What is Boothmanship?
Simply put, Boothmanship is the way you conduct yourself when you are in your booth during show floor hours. It can go a long way in determining whether you have had a successful show. Here are a few tips and ideas on how to make good Boothmanship work to your advantage:
- It takes only 4 seconds to make a first impression on an attendee--good or bad--and you only have one chance to make a first impression!
- An average salesperson in an exhibit will make six (6) contacts an hour.
- 55% of communication at a trade show is non-verbal.
- 86% of what an attendee will remember about your exhibit is related to the booth staff's performance, actions and comments.
- 6 weeks after the show, attendees won't remember your booth but they WILL remember you!
Tips for a Top-Notch Booth Staff
Attendees have expectations when they come to your booth. To be memorable, be:
- Courteous to your "guests"
Tips for Booth Etiquette
- SMILE! Have a positive attitude. How often do potential customers make a special trip to see you?
- Carry and use breath freshener spray or small mints (Tic Tacs vs. large, bulky mints). Shy away from spicy or garlicky food and alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid chewing gum, eating, and drinking while in your exhibit.
- Keep your booth neat & tidy!
- While working the exhibit, don't sit in your booth or lean on the exhibit counters.
- Don't spend time talking on your cell phone, with booth neighbors, or to your other booth staff.
- Make eye contact; never ignore a prospect, even if you're with another prospect. (Give them a nod and "just a minute" sign). Include them into your conversation.
- Greet attendees by name. If you can't pronounce it, ask!
- Shake hands; match the strength of the other person's handshake and only "pump" twice.
- Place your watch face on the inside of your wrist to "sneak peeks".
Make sure that you follow up with your booth leads within a week of the show. This will help keep your product fresh in their mind, show that you want to do business, and get your leads into the next step of the sales process.
Evaluate the event based on your goals. What worked; what didn't?
Your Client Services Specialist is there to assist you with any logistical questions you may have about the show—including questions about the Exhibitor Service Kit, Booth Rules and Regulations, Badge Registration, etc.