Before the Show
- Pre-register to avoid the lines on-site and save money.
- Make travel plans early to ensure that you will have the necessary accommodations. Flights to Chicago are currently very affordable, so do not delay in making your reservations now! You can receive flight discounts through onPeak, our official housing partner.
- Create a schedule. Determine personal and business goals for your experience and then create a schedule that will help you meet those goals through networking events, education sessions or visiting with one of our exhibiting companies. Set up appointments, and bring your business cards.
- Register for education sessions in advance and print your schedule.
- Be ready to connect. With the rise of smartphones and tablets, a variety of digital tools make collecting and sharing contact information and notes simple. CardMunch and Evernote Hello are two free and simple apps that streamline this process! Be sure to follow @clubindustry and the #CIShow hashtag on Twitter, like Club Industry on Facebook and join the LinkedIn group to stay in touch with the pulse of the community as well.
- Invite your colleagues to join you. Bring along others from your business or invite your fellow industry connections to meet you at the Club Industry Show. Share the event on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check the Club Industry Show’s website for schedule changes. Before you leave, visit the Club Industry Show website to check for any last-minute changes to the schedule, including possible speaker cancellations or changes. This is the most convenient way to stay connected while on-site at the Club Industry Show.
At the Show
- Pick up your badge on Thursday before the show opens to avoid the lines. Make sure the information on your badge is correct.
- Pick up a Show Directory Map when you arrive on-site
- Review events, education and exhibitor listings before the show
- Keep your badge in plain sight while visiting exhibitors' booths
- Take advantage of show specials and discounts
- Take a break every few hours to refresh, have a snack and get some fresh air
- Dress Code: The dress code for the Club Industry Show is casual. Wear your workout clothes so you can try the equipment
- On-Site Dining: Cash food carts will be available in the Riverside Exhibit Hall on Thursday and Friday; snack and beverage stations will be located at various locations in and around the facility. There are restaurants located throughout the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
After the Show
This could be the most important tip of all: Follow up with the connections you made at the Club Industry Show so that you can put into action everything your learned and you can follow up on purchasing that new products you saw.